Updated on 9th Jan 2022
About IMI Bhubaneswar
International Management Institute (IMI) Bhubaneswar, established in 2011, is a young institute which achieved the coveted position of 63rd rank in National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2020 conducted by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. IMI Bhubaneswar currently offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), PGDM (Part Time) and FPM (equivalent to Ph.D.) programmes which are approved by AICTE. The flagship PGDM programme is accredited by NBA (National Board of Accreditation) and has got equivalence from AIU (Association of Indian Universities). IMI programs are also accredited and recognized by United States Board for Education Standardization (USBES), USA. The institute is a member of European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA) and Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Inspired by the Prime Minister’s vision of Start-up India to create more job creators than job seekers, IMI Bhubaneswar has created robust entrepreneurship cell which has recently organized number of workshops and events and trained over 250 participants on entrepreneurship in collaboration with Department of Science & Technology, Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, MSME Department and National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN). IMI Bhubaneswar has also set up its own Incubation Foundation to promote and support entrepreneurship among students.
Rewards and Ranking
- IMI Bhubaneswar has been ranked in Category A3 above IIM Bodh Gaya and IIM Sambalpur
- IMI Bhubaneswar has been ranked 26th in India by EDUCATION WORLD Ranking 2020-21 in “India’s Top 100 Private B-School” category
- IMI Bhubaneswar has been ranked 63 in India and 3rd in Odisha by National Institute of Ranking Framework (NIRF) – 2020 Ranking
- IMI Bhubaneswar has been ranked 66 in India and 3rd in Odisha by National Institute of Ranking Framework (NIRF) in their 2019 Ranking
- Feb’19 issue of CHRONICLE B-SCHOOL ranked IMI Bhubaneswar as 9th Best B-School overall & graded A+++
- NHRDN 2019 Ranking is out. IMI-Bhubaneswar is 2nd in Odisha, 7th best school in East India and 43rd in All India Ranking.
- IMI Bhubaneswar has been ranked 51-75 by NIRF India ranking -2018
- IMI, Bhubaneswar ranked Top 10 by Chronicle B-School Survey-2018
- IMI, Bhubaneswar ranked 2nd in Outstanding B-School of Excellence” by the Competition Success Review (CSR) in CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2017
- IMI, Bhubaneswar is ranked among A-4 category of B-Schools by Business Standard Best B-School Survey.
- Rated as A++ Institute in the Chronicle B-School Survey 2017
- Ranked 37th among Private B-Schools and 57th Overall by BW- Business World.
- Ranked 4th Best Emerging B-School
- Ranked 4th Best B-School for Industry Exposure
- Ranked 27th among the Best B-Schools in India
- Management College of the Year-2015: Academic Reputation
- Amongst Top-4 Best Emerging B-Schools
- 11th Best Business School in East & Central Region
- 33rd in group ranking for private Top B-Schools of Excellence;
- Ranked 69th in overall rank of Private B-Schools
7th Chronicle B-School Survey 2016
- Rated in A++ Catagory
- Amongst Top 10 Colleges in Terms of Academics
- Amongst Top 10 Colleges in Terms of Infrastructure
- Amongst Top 10 Colleges in Terms of Student & Admission Process
- Amongst Top 10 Colleges in Terms of Placement
- Amongst Top Emerging Management Colleges
- Amongst Top 5 Business School in East India
MDRA-Business Today Survey
- 4th Best Business School in Odisha
- 9th Best Business School in Eastern India
Courses Offered with Fees
IMI Bhubneswar offer full time PGDM AICTE Approved
|PGDM General (Full Time)||AICTE||2 years||12.51 Lakhs||180||Rs 1200|
Forms available with us @ZERO Cost, read the full article for more details
Note-Course fees does not include Hostel and food charges.
Download the Imi Bhubaneswar Fees Structure and breakdown PDF from the download section at the bottom.
To be eligible for admission to the PGDM Program, the participants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) for admission to post-graduate programs. The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years education after completing higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent. The applicants to the programme are selected on the basis of IMI Selection Index score calculated based on the past academic performance in 10th, 12th, and graduation; CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT score; written test; essay writing; group discussion; extempore, and personal interview. Appropriate weightage is given to work experience of the applicants.
Participants for the PGDM program may be from any discipline such as Engineering, Humanities, Commerce, Economics, Medicine or any other branch of education. Fresh graduates as well as candidates with relevant work experience are welcome to apply.
The institute has the provision for awarding the following scholarship and rewards to the deserving performers.
o Pre-Admission Scholarships*
• Merit Scholarship: Up to Rs. 1 lakh for applicants having a first-class career and securing at least 80 percentile in CAT/XAT/CMAT and at least 80 percent in GMAT
• Merit scholarship for women candidates: 20 percent additional merit scholarship for female applicant fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria
• Defense personnel: Wards of defense personnel are eligible for a scholarship of Rs. 50,000. Wards of Martyr’s are eligible for a scholarship of Rs. 1,00,000
*Only one of the above-mentioned pre-admission scholarships can be availed. 50 % of the scholarship availed will be disbursed at the end of the first year and next 50 % at the end of the second year. A candidate can avail either tuition fee waiver or pre- admission scholarship. Scholarship Committee’s decision is final and binding on all applicants.
o Post-Admission Scholarships
Merit scholarships are awarded for outstanding cumulative academic performance. Summer internship scholarship is awarded to emphasize the seriousness of summer internships and encourage the students to put in their maximum effort.
Hostel and accommodation
Hostel Fees and Mess Charges*
|Amount (in Rupees) for One Academic year(June 2021 to March 2022)||Amount Due on|
June 11, 2021
|1, 80, 000/- for AC single room (This is for Lodging only)|
|1, 15, 000/- for shared AC room ( 2 persons) (This is for Lodging only)|
|1, 20, 000 for Non- AC Single Room (This is for Lodging only)|
|62, 000/- for shared Non- AC room ( 2 persons) (This is for Lodging only)|
|Mess: Vegetarian /Non Vegetarian6,000/- per month*||Mess Charges are payable Quarterly in advance (5th of every Quarter)|
*Hostel and Mess charges are indicative and subject to change. Delayed hostel fee payment will be accepted with a daily penalty of Rs. 1000/ day. GST extra as applicable.
COURSE FEE (International Students)
- The course fee for foreign/PIO/OCI students is US $ 26000/ -.
- The course fee for foreign students belonging to the SAARC countries is US $ 24000/ -.
- The course fee for NRI students is US $ 22500/
- Fees to be paid in six equal instalments. Due date will be same as for the Indian students
Boarding & Lodging charges
|Year & Due Date||Amount|
|11th June 2019||US $ 3000|
|11th June 2020||US $ 3000|
|TOTAL||US $ 6000|
Mode of Payment
The Fee can be paid through demand draft/pay order drawn in favour of “International Management Institute” payable at Bhubaneswar.
|Program||Highest (CTC)||Average (CTC)|
|PGDM General||17 Lakh CTC||8.43 Lakh CTC|
The placement process starts in October with the Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) which provides an opportunity for the recruiting companies and the students to interact. The presentations by the company about itself (history, growth, potential, future opportunity etc.) and positions/profiles available (content, compensation package, location, etc.) give vital inputs to each aspiring student. The PPT also doubles the opportunity for the organization to recruit the first-year students for Summer Internship.
Download IMI Bhubaneswar Placement Report and Updated brochure from the download section at the bottom.
Check your eligibility and probability of getting admission before applying to this college?
We are official channel partners for this college. We guide students with step by step procedure so that their application won’t get reject by B-school. Here are few important things that student must know before applying.
- You must be eligible and all the documents should be valid.
- Application must be filled before deadline.
- Entrance exam marks should meet the college cutoff.
- You must block your seat by paying the registration amount before the seats exhausts.
- You must be aware of the refund policy.
We will be taking care of all the above Guidelines and if you meet all the above criteria then you can apply in this B-School on the given time. You have to email us with the following details and we will update you within 4 working hours (between 10 AM to 9 PM all 7 days). This will help you save lots of application fees and energy. You can be 100% sure whether you will be getting admission in this particular college or not before apply. You have to email us the following details:
Subject – Type the name of College and Course you are looking to apply
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
Academic Details (CGPA or Percentage as per the School/university)
- Class 10
- Class 12
Entrance exam details (If not appeared for any entrance exam , leave it blank. If appeared, share percentile and score)
- MH CET
- PG CET
Work Experience (If Any)
- Company Name
- Job role and Designation
After we receive your email, our team will verify and get back to you within 4 Hours. We will update you whether you are eligible for this college or not and we will also let you know the probability of getting admission in this B-School. Remember this premium counseling is absolutely FREE. You have to email all the above details at [email protected]
What advantage you will be getting by Westawk if you get confirmation of eligibility for this college by our team?
1.We refund the entire application cost back to student.
2.We connects students with our loan department so that their education loan gets sanction easily.
3.We help students to get additional scholarship apart from the scholarship that a B-School is offering.
Procedure to apply via Westawk
If you receive confirmation email by our team and if you want to apply in this B-School, you can just simply click the button Apply Now below and it will redirect you to college apply page. You can also read the BLOG that show the process of “How to apply in a particular B-School” via Westawk portal by clicking here.
Looking for Admissions in Top B-Schools, but don’t know how to begin the journey of searching the best MBA College?
We at Westawk created a Funnel called “Unique Filtration System” which will help you to shortlist the best B-School in the country, our 4 proven steps tested over hundreds of students helped them to get best B-schools, Watch training and book an appointment with experts.
Like and subscribe our social platforms for more updates