Way to ensure, you are prepping right for CAT
Candidates must practice regularly to improve their speed and their accuracy through mock and timed attempts of sections. Choose the correct resources and preparation material: The resources that a candidate uses will make all the difference when attempting the CAT exam.
What is important for CAT preparation?
Some of the most important topics for the CAT exam from QA, VARC, and LRDI sections are listed.
Important Topics for CAT Quantitative Aptitude.
|Topic Name||Expected No. of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Number System||2-4 Questions||Moderate|
|Modern Math||1-3 Questions||Easy|
|Geometry & Mensuration||3-6 Questions||Moderately Difficult|
A candidate must practice regularly to improve their speed and their accuracy through mock and timed attempts of sections. Choose the correct resources and preparation material: The resources that a candidate uses will make all the difference when attempting the CAT exam.
CAT 2022 Preparation Tips for Beginners
#Check the Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Candidates should check the exam pattern and syllabus before starting the preparation. …
#Decide your Strategy. …
#Improve your Speed and Accuracy. …
#Choose the Best Books for CAT Preparation. …
#Solve Mock Test. …
# Read Newspapers and Magazines
Is it possible to crack CAT in 1st Attempt?
If a candidate is determined and focused while preparing for CAT, then it is possible to crack CAT in 1st Attempt, They should be consistent in their preparation so that they can complete the syllabus on time and get enough time for revision.
CAT Preparation Tips
Owing to the pandemic, the CAT exam has seen various changes in the exam pattern. Thus, the initial step toward cracking CAT 2022 is to understand the exam pattern and syllabus. If you are serious about cracking CAT, then you need to work your way up with a planned approach and keep in mind how to prepare for CAT thoroughly.
CAT 2022 is expected to be on the same lines as CAT . The number of questions have been over the past few years and so has the time duration of the exam. So it is imperative to analyze the pattern and syllabus to attempt the paper accurately. There have been a few guidelines kept in mind when it comes to the paper pattern for CAT this year. The guidelines are as follows:
- CAT 2022 will be conducted in an online mode and is divided into three sessions in a day i.e morning session, afternoon session, and evening session
- The exam will be about 2 hours long.
- Multiple choice questions (MCQ) and Typing in the Answer (TITA) will be asked in the paper.
- Each question will carry 3 marks.
- -1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking for TITA
- Candidates will also garner guidance on the best ways to attempt the CAT exam and the number of questions to attempt.
- Based on the previous paper analysis, coaching institutes also outline the most important topics, the possible paper pattern, and the best ways for each candidate to get the best percentile.
- The focus of the preparation is often open to various study materials and resources from all across the internet.
- There is no commitment for the candidate towards any fixed classes. Though it is recommended that the candidate remains consistent. Timings are often flexible based on present circumstances.
- When working by themself, the candidate can understand and identify the areas that require more work and identify the strengths.